Going Private.

Hi friends. I love that you read my blog, and are interested in what's going on in my life. However, I am going to make it private, so that strangers don't have access to it. Therefore, if you would like to continue to have access, please email or Facebook me your email address and I will send you the link to view the blog and have access. Soon you will not be able to access it without the link. Thanks for understanding! Xoxo!!!

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Surgery Day

On Friday I woke up and set out for the hospital.  David drove me, of course, since I was going to be under anesthesia.

I went in and met my anesthetist.  He was very nice.  He started my I.V. and then starting pumping meds.  Antibiotics to help with possible infections, anti nausea medication so that when I wake up I don't get sick, a special protein that would help my ovaries shrink back down to their normal size, and then BAM.  Propofol.  I was out!

When I woke up in recovery, I was greeted by a nurse named Mary.  She was a very sweet older woman.  She took good care of me.  She told me that they got 27 eggs!  YIPEE!!!  I was very happy.

Then, Dr. Diaz walked in and let me know how it went and also informed me that the embryologists were with the eggs, doing whatever they do and that most likely we would get between 13 and 21 that were where they needed to be.  While I was asleep, David have to give a sample of his own. ;)

As I left the hospital, Doctor Diaz said he would be calling me in a few hours to give me an update on everything.

I went home and stayed in bed.  I am taking this bed rest thing very seriously because I want my ovaries to get back to normal so that I can do the transfer in Feb.

As the night progressed, I hadn't heard from the doctor, and I began to have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.  I knew something was wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment