Going Private.

Hi friends. I love that you read my blog, and are interested in what's going on in my life. However, I am going to make it private, so that strangers don't have access to it. Therefore, if you would like to continue to have access, please email or Facebook me your email address and I will send you the link to view the blog and have access. Soon you will not be able to access it without the link. Thanks for understanding! Xoxo!!!

Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday: Day 5

This morning I had another doctors appointment.  I will have one every day from now until my surgery.  Now that I am getting much closer I have to be monitored more.

I am excited.  I know that is weird because I am looking forward to a surgery, but I am.  I am getting so much closer. :)

I left my house before it was even light out.  It was soooooo early.  I got to the office about 7:20 a.m.  I didn't have to be there until 7:45, but I wanted to make sure I was early, so that I would be ready and make it to work faster.  As it is, I have to be late.  I hate the feeling of being late to work.  I don't care if it's for a good reason or not.  It just looks bad.

Anyway...

As soon as they got there I peed in a cup, had blood drawn, and then quickly ran into the ultra sound room and got naked.  Haha.  Oh.....so funny.

The tech came in and started measuring my follicles.  She said she didn't dare measure them all because we would be there all day, so she just decided to measure the ones that were a 10 or higher.  The goal is to get the follicles to a 20.  When they reach a 20, they are ready for fertilization.

I had about 13 that were a 10 or higher.  She said that was good, and that I would have a lot more by Monday.

Then, she said I was good to go.  I pretty much buttoned my pants as I ran out of there. 

I made it to work by about 8:30, which wasn't bad.  That probably has to do with lack of traffic on a Friday.  Traffic will probably be worse next week.  I did, also, have to walk into my class being taken care of by my boss.  That's always fun.  No one ever wants to see their boss teaching their class.  Ugh.  It makes me feel worse about being late.  I'm sure no boss wants to go teach.  SO embarassing.

As for me...I am feeling okay.  Still growing, but still not as much as last time...knock on wood.  I am secretly hoping maybe my body will do something miraculous and not hyper stimulate, and then by some miracle my doctor will say, "I was wrong.  You CAN do the embryo transfer this month.  Your body did everything it was supposed to."  I know.  I'm dreaming...but a girl can dream, can't she?

:)

Oh...and let's talk about the fact that my husband NEVER has to travel for work.  Oh, and, of course, surprise 4-day conference the day after I am supposed to do my embryo transfer.  I am supposed to be on bed rest for days after that to help the eggs stick.  If the eggs don't stick-no baby!  Who wants to come take care of me? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment