Going Private.

Hi friends. I love that you read my blog, and are interested in what's going on in my life. However, I am going to make it private, so that strangers don't have access to it. Therefore, if you would like to continue to have access, please email or Facebook me your email address and I will send you the link to view the blog and have access. Soon you will not be able to access it without the link. Thanks for understanding! Xoxo!!!

Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Update

Yesterday David and I were talking after we got off of the phone with the doctor.  We kind of decided that we would be happy with 8 embryos.  Yesterday we knew we already had 2 and that we were just waiting to hear about the 11.  We figured together, that 8 would be more than enough.  That was our magic number.  We would be soooo over the moon happy if we got 8.  We figured we wouldn't, but that was our number.

Today David had to go to work, so I was going to be getting the phone call on my own.  David had given me a list of questions he wanted me to ask.  I literally waited by the phone.  It rang once and I jumped, but it wasn't the doctor.  FINALLY it rang and it WAS the doctor. 

When I spoke to her she said that she wanted to give me the updates.  She said that this morning they froze 15 embryos.  FIFTEEN?!?

Wait. 15?

But we had only had 2...and we were waiting for the other 11.  How did that happen?  2+11 does not equal 15.  I was confused.  I asked her how that happened.  She then started talking and I got lost.  She said something about one of them splitting or something.  I just kept asking "so, we have FIFTEEN embryos?"

She didn't stutter.  That's what she said.  WE HAD 15 EMBRYOS!!!  YAY!

I then asked her what the grade on the embryos was.  The grading scale is 1-4, with 1 being the best.  She said all embryos were either a 1 or 2.

I was so happy.  I couldn't wait to tell David.  He was happy too.  We are kind of shocked though.  We were expecting 8 or less, so 15 is a lot.

But we are happy. 

Today was good.  I am feeling very blessed.

1 comment: