...another day...another day I bite the dust.
...well almost, anyway...
I went in this morning for my blood test. I was nice and early. My nurse took my blood and told me she was sure my results would come back fine. You see, on Friday, my Estradoil levels in my blood were at 300. I am not suppose to start my medication until they are under 50.
So when I went in this morning, she told me she would call me later in the day to tell me my results and that I could start my medication. The "official" go ahead. "Don't worry, honey. The levels will go down now that you've started your period," she said.
I bet you can guess how things went. Haha
No phone call.
All day I wait. No call.
I went for coffee with my friend when I realized I still had no call. It was 5. They close at 4. Now what? I needed to know if I was supposed to start my injections.
So I called the emergency line. My nurse answered. "Honey, your results came back at a 242," she explained. My heart dropped. Of course they did. Why wouldn't they? Why would this work? Nothing has worked for the last 5+ years. Why would anything work now???
So, she explained that she hadn't heard back from the doctor. He would have someone call me by 8 tonight. My heart sank. Thank you Sandy Brood for the "pick me up." Sometimes I feel so stupid. Infertility is a big part of my life right now, and I feel stupid about having such highs and lows, but it's nice to know I have friends to listen and friends that understand.
She bought me coffee, and we waited for the call.
I was pretty sure the egg harvest would be cancelled.
Finally I got the call. "The doctor looked over your results. You have no cysts. Your Estradoil levels are high, but doctor said you can proceed because maybe your levels are just high because of the 3 months of injections you just had due to your biopsy" Maria said.
I sighed a huge breath of relief.
Close call.
No comments:
Post a Comment