I had my pre op appoint ment yesterday. I was nervous. I left feeling pretty anxious. I had a mini panic attack. I guess I have just been putting these feelings off for awhile. After talking to the doctor, David and I both realized that the procedure is a little more invasive than we first thought. At one point the docor left and David looked over at me and said "Wow! I thought this was more simple than this." As you can imagine, that comforted me.
Basically, after going over all the details with the doctor we were informed that the surgery is 3 hours long. Recovery will be another 3 hours after that...so a total of 6, I guess. I was under the impression that my diagnosis was that I had a septum. The doctor informed me yesterday that he is not actually sure of that. He said that I had one of two things:
If they get inside and see a biocornuate uterus, there is nothing they can do, and at this point they will just wake me up. This would be sad for me. At this point, becoming pregnant would become even more difficult.
I was also told by the doctor that I am to be bed ridden for a week. This means lots of reading and watching movies, I suppose. Because of the issue of bleeding, I have to have a balloon left in my uterus for a week to apply pressure (which minimizes the chances of excess bleeding).
Good news is: I will have no stitches! Because the incisions on my stomach will be small, he can just glue them shut and apply internal stitches.
I am nervous, but I just keep telling myself that I have to do this if I want even just a chance to get pregnant. He gave me a Xanax for the night before. I haven't been sleeping well the last few nights. The anticipation is starting to get to me. I will admit, though I am scared, a little teensy part of me is excited that this will be over soon. I just really hope it can be fixed, and it all goes "textbook."
I called Jen tonight because I was getting a little nervous. Talking to her made me feel better. She, randomly, just did this procedure on a patient a few weeks ago, and she said it went great. That made me feel much better.
Guess that's it for now...2 days...
No comments:
Post a Comment