Today I had my follow up appointment with my doc. I was EXTREMELY excited because, for the last week, I have had a uterine balloon catheter in my uterus. It was very uncomfortable. Today they took it out. HALLELUJAH!!! :)
Apparently, the reason for the balloon catheter, is so that the uterine walls do not adhere together after surgery. The nurse told me this: think of it as a cut. If you cut your finger, and you place your other finger on it, it will eventually bleed, and the fingers will be stuck together. SO, in order to prevent adhesion, the put the balloon in...and it sucked. But, it's out now...and I am happy. :)
More good news? I can stop taking the hormones I have been on. Bad News? I have to take different ones now. I have to take estrogen pills to fix my uterine lining. JOY! One step closer...
No comments:
Post a Comment